The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following tips to help prevent the spread of viruses at school:
- Stay home when you are sick and remain home until 24 hours after you no longer have a fever.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow when coughing or sneezing. If using a tissue, dispose of it in a trash can and then wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Dry your hands with a paper towel and then use the paper towel to turn off the faucet.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.