The mission of the Technology Department is to provide premium technology and support to aid in the student learning process in order to increase student achievement and produce life-long learners who are able to succeed in an information society.
Our school district has made a significant investment in technology. Every classroom features an interactive whiteboard and our student-to-computer ratio is 1.8 to 1. Our technology staff members are experts in their field and are routinely called upon to lead sessions for other educators at state and national conferences.
Those staff members share the vision of technology being available and effectively supported for all students and staff in order to:
- provide global access to information.
- meet the curricular needs of all learners.
- provide access to the general curriculum.
- refine critical thinking skills and foster creativity.
- provide a medium for expression and communication.
- collect, assess, and share performance information.
- improve the effectiveness of administrative tasks.
- provide skills and proficiency necessary for the workforce.
It is our intention that this vision will remain constant over the course of our technology plan and that it will guide the day-to-day and year-to-year implementation of technology across St. John the Baptist Parish schools.
Supervisor Informational Technology
Bob A. Bourgeois, Jr.
Supervisor Instructional/Educational Technology
Coordinator Instructional/Educational Technology