St. John the Baptist Parish Public Schools is implementing a variety of health and safety protocols to ensure staff and students stay healthy when returning to campus. These include, but are not limited to:
- Temperature checks and health screenings upon arrival to campus for all students, staff, and visitors
- Social distancing at all times on campus and in classrooms
- Hand washing upon arrival, before and after meals, and before dismissal
- Mask wearing for adults and for students when in public spaces and during transitions
- Installation of clear protective barriers
- Campus visitors will be limited to individuals essential to campus operations and instruction
We know that some of our staff meet the CDC definition of high risk and may not be able to return to work in person in their current role. SJBP will do its best to accommodate high-risk staff but cannot guarantee we will be able to do so in all cases. All request for accommodations must include documentation from a physician and a signed release for medical documentation must be provided for verification. Please note that there is no requirement to accommodate an employee without a high-risk underlying condition who has a family member who meets the definition of high risk.
If you fall into any of the above linked high risk categories, please take this brief survey by July 17, 2020 and a date and time will be scheduled to speak with each high-risk employee on an individual basis.