St. John the Baptist Parish Public School Board
is now training Substitute School Bus operators.
Dates & Time:
Begins Monday, January 21, 2019
Ends Thursday, January 31, 2019
5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Email us to Register!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
In the subject line:
New Driver Training
In the body:
Physical address, City, State, and zip
Cell or home phone
Louisiana driver’s license number.
Additional Information regarding the certification process and next class will be emailed to the email address you provide.
- Substitute pay is $13.82 per hour
- Part-time hours 6:00 am – 9:00 am & 1:40 pm – 4:40 pm
- Weekends, school holidays, and summers off (180 days per year)
- A CDL and a Louisiana School Bus Operator Certification are required
- Applicants must have a clean driving record and complete a background check
The St. John the Baptist Parish School Board provides Louisiana School Bus Operator Training for FREE to employee trainees. The 8-day training course is held Monday-Thursday evenings 5:00 pm - 9:00 PM several times during the school year.
All eight sessions must be attended to receive credit for the Louisiana School Bus Operator Training. Classes are held in the Annex Building demonstration room down the hall from the Transportation Department Office.