St. John the Baptist Parish Public School Board
is now training Substitute School Bus operators. A CDL is not required to begin training.
Dates & Time:
Begins Monday, January 25, 2021
ends February 4 , 2021
5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
(No class on Fridays, All sessions must be attended to receive credit)
Email us to Register!
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
In the subject line:
New Driver Training
In the body:
Physical address, City, State, and zip
Cell or home phone
Louisiana driver’s license number.
Additional Information regarding the certification process and next class will be emailed to the email address you provide.
- Substitute pay is $14.13 per hour
- Part-time hours 6:00 am – 9:00 am & 1:40 pm – 4:40 pm
- Weekends, school holidays, and summers off (180 days per year)
- A CDL and a Louisiana School Bus Operator Certification are required
- Applicants must have a clean driving record and complete a background check
The St. John the Baptist Parish School Board provides Louisiana School Bus Operator Training for FREE to school bus driver trainees. The 8-day training course is held Monday-Thursday evenings 5:00 pm - 9:00 PM several times during the school year.
All eight sessions must be attended to receive credit for the Louisiana School Bus Operator Training. Classes will be held in the Media Center which is located directly behind the School Board Office Building at 118 W 10th St, Reserve LA 70084.